Introduction to Pastel Painting
What you need to know to create your own pastel paintings, learn how to paint with pastels from the start.Watch Promo Enroll in Course
What has been said about this course:
"I uhmed and arred about another basic course BUT so glad I did do it. I had previously completed a study with Karol Oakley in a work shop for this work. But so much more in this course. I'd forgotten so many tips. Well worth going back to basics. Haven't completed the final work yet as packing for a trip but being on line I'm taking it with me to finish. Thanks Karol you make art so enjoyable"
Karol Oakley is a very experienced and sought-after international tutor, artist and plein-air painter who has 30 years’ know-how to share with you.
Her workshops are structured to help artists further develop their skills and confidence. Karol’s workshops are informative and fun with the often-heard comment of “oh I learnt so much”.
A Master Pastellist of the Pastel Society of Australia and Pastellist of the Year in 2014, Karol has over 20 years teaching practice and works on the premise that there is always more to learn.
Karol teaches in a friendly relaxed atmosphere with the emphasis on gaining confidence for creating your own style of painting based on the skills and methods learnt in the workshop.
Introduction to Pastel
with Karol Oakley
Imagine what you can create when you have clear and easy to follow instruction to learn how to paint with pastels.
This pastel course is for:
- Those with no pastel experience at all.
- Never used a pastel before
- Want to learn how to paint with pastel
- It is for the feint hearted
- It is also for those who want a kick start
- For those who thought they new but got lost
- For those who got tangled up along the way
- If you need a refresher on the basics
- It is for those who want the most detailed explanations, the close up videos, the demonstrations and discussions.
When you want to learn how to pastel paint this is the starting point.
Why should you do this pastel painting course?
This course offers straightforward, easy to follow instruction with exercises. There are no tests, no quizzes, nothing more than a simple from woe to go, learning to paint with pastel.
- Be inspired to get started
- Know how to create a pastel painting
- Develop the right skills and techniques
- Find out all about the materials used for pastel paining
- Go from a pastel novice to confident user
- Ignite a lifetime passion for pastel painting, well that's the aim!
How to paint with pastels - from a tutor who has taught pastel painting for over 20 years
What are you going to learn in the Course?
- What are pastels
- About storing pastel
- Making time and space to pastel
- Equipment needed - the basics
- How to use pastel
- Pastel Health and Safety
- The best six pastel strokes to use
- What paper is what and why.
- Why Pastellists use special paper
- Tips and techniques on paper, pastel, painting and more.
- How to use pastel
- How to use the six pastel strokes in a painting
- Painting a landscape from start to finish
- What to look for in a painting
- Methods of pastel painting
- the list goes on but you get the idea
- Everything I can think of that a beginning pastellist would want to know
Be warned - it is a comprehensive course.
Learn 'how to pastel' from the very beginning.
Introduction to pastel is made up of all the things I wish I had of know at the start of my pastel adventure/addiction.
see you in school,
"Strokes info was great.........really enjoyed the workshop, Karol is a great teacher who..... is very generous with her knowledge"
- Marianne Linton, new pastellist
StartWelcome to Pastel
StartWhat is Pastel? - an Introduction.
PreviewArtist Quality Soft Pastel Explained - video 2:56 m (2:26)
StartSurfaces for Pastel Use - what makes it stick on
StartPastel Paper - a mini list
StartStorage of Pastel Sticks
StartPastel Health and Safety
PreviewThe Resource/Materials List
StartThe Reference Material - to print
StartThe Story of the 6FPS-video 4:56minutes (4:55)
StartA New Pastel Set - video 4:07 m (4:07)
StartCutting the Paper - video 1:53m (1:53)
StartTwo Sides of the paper - video 1:30 m (1:30)
StartHealth and Saftey Equipment for Pastellist - video 1:00 m (0:55)
StartReady Set Go
StartThe 6FPS - start video 1:49 (1:49)
StartDraw the Six Charcoal Boxes video 2:20 m (2:19)
StartSelect the Tones and Colours - video 1:01 m (1:00)
StartFPS Stroke No.1 - video 2:09 m
StartFPS Stroke No.2 - video 1:45 m (1:45)
StartFPS Stroke No.3 - video 2:44 m (2:44)
StartFPS Stroke No.4 - video 3:42 m (3:42)
StartFPS Stroke No. 5 - video 4:55 m (4:55)
StartFPS Stroke No. 6 - video 4:15 m (4:14)
StartAbout the 6FPS - Why them? - video 1:50 m (1:50)
"Loved it all! Especially going back to basics. Currently trying to "re-discover" my painting...................... Thank you for your help"
- Wilson L. experienced pastellist
"As a novice to soft pastels with only a rudimentary knowledge I have found Karol's workshop to provide enough technique, practice of those techniques with tips that are immediately able to be used. Her teaching style is personable, positive and instructive leaving me feeling posative and eager to learn more. thoroughly reccommend."
- Karen Lang, New Zealand
Frequently Asked Questions
Introduction to Pastel is a detailed course.
It is for those who want to learn how to use pastel.
This course is for the serious beginner.
Everything is fully explained and demonstrated.
How to use pastel - easily, simply and set for life.
If that's you, enroll now .................
Just so you know........ the price is in US Dollars. Why? It is so we can offer PayPal as well as Credit Card payment for your investment in yourself.